Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over....95% of the Time!!

“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart” -Eleanor Roosevelt

I have so much to be grateful for in my life. I was talking to my roommates this morning about how I feel like I am constantly crying and the only way I knew how to describe it was, "My cup runneth over...95% of the time!!" Which is where this blog post comes from. I wanted to let some people know how much they have changed my life because I know I dont find the words to say it enough.


MOM


This is my mother. She gave me her pretty brown hair. Looking back over my life, it is easy to recall so many sacrifices she made for me that almost always went unnoticed. The two of us don't always see eye to eye but I think that adds to the beauty of our relationship. You can't see the good in things if you never experience the bad. I know there must of been a few times were she wanted to take me out of this world for good but she always remained patient and stuck with me. When I moved out of the house, I caught myself doing things exactly the way she had my entire life and finally realizing why they were always done that way. She has taught me so much. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life learning even more from her. I love you, Mom!


DAD



This is my Dad. He has salt and pepper hair but in the recent years it has lost all its pepper. He gave me my grey hair genes. What a sweetie! It took me a long time to realize how much he had to give up for me to have a somewhat normal childhood. I feel like my Dad is one of the most underappreciated people on this planet. He works himself to the ground and I rarely hear him complain. He always tells me not to use credit cards and whether or not the insurance that people try to sell me is good or not. I know if I have a question he will always find me the answer. I love you, Dad!


JOSTLYN


This is Jostlyn. I feel safe calling her a sister. After we graduated, we embarked on a great adventure together. We moved into apartment I-7 at the end of July 2009 and the rest is history. We had a night when we stayed up and cried together spilling our guts and some of our darkest secrets. I believe that is the night we bonded forever. She taught me that so many things are justifiable depending on how you look at them. (Especially eating a Del Taco burrito every night at midnight for weeks.) We failed together, we succeeded together, and best of all we learned to love each other! I love you, Jost!

CIERA


This is Ciera. She is quiet until you get to know her. She always remembers birthdays and gives exceptional cards. She also lived with Jostlyn and I in the promised land of I-7. She was always staying on top of her school work, keeping oragnized and making goals. Ciera is a do-er. If there is something that needs to be done, she will do it. She is probably the only reason the dishes ever got done at our apartment. We always talk each other down when we are having a moment of freak out and we LOVE the sims. Ciera still teaches me by example that if you stick with something you can always accomplish it. I love you, Ciera!

KATE


Say hello to Kate. Don't let the horns fool you! Kate is the most honest person I know. The greatest part of her honesty is she has such an eloquent way of saying things that even though she may be putting you right in your place, it still sounds like the sweetest thing you have heard all day. She has taught me that relying on the gospel can get you through anything and family is where its at whether they are blood or not. I am absolutely certain Kate and I will be friends for life. I love you, Kate!

MERILEE


Please meet Merilee. Mer is the one who understands me better than I do myself most days. She strongly believes in gratitude and if you are lucky you may just get a surpise thank you note from her someday. They are always heartfelt! Mer is the nurturing one in my life and usually ends up giving me a hug when I cry. Fall semester 2010 bonded us forever. We are sisters and that is that. I love you, Mer!

ALYSSA

Hola to Alyssa! Lys is my favorite sister. We long ago decided to drop the "step" because neither of us are evil so it doesn't really apply to us. We have really great memories of the Washington City pool before they tore it down. Her size was always a 12 and mine was a 14. We made club houses and walked to the gas station to get slushes. We even had plans to retire and start our own candy shop. She is a good sport when we all call her names (Special Sweet and Lea Michelle for example). We are the coolest aunts and like to spoil our neice and nephew. Alyssa and I will forever be the classiest members of the family. Stuck together to the end! Alyssa has taught me to roll with the punches and dream big. Even if you never make it on that cross country vacation, you will always have something to look forward too right?! I love you, Lys!
SHAWNESSY
This is Shawnessy. She is the pretty lady second from the back. She is my oldest friend. We met in 1st grade and haven't quit loving each other since. Her middle name is Harlo. She loves to dance and I know she will do it until the day she dies. She is definitely one of the chillest people I know. Even when life gets busy and we are miles apart, she always finds time to let me know she is thinking of me. Shawnessy and I have been through some unspeakable heartaches together and I know that as hard as they were, we have become better friends and people for it. Shawnessy has taught me to "believe in yesterday". I love you, Shawn!!
KATY


This one here is Katy. She and Kate feel very passionately about their red hair. She is absolutely hilarious. I am constantly laughing when she is around. She hates to be touched but will occassionally let me get a loose hug because she knows I love them. The number one thing this like firecracker has taught me is to love everyone. She has shown me that we do not have the right to judge and we should always have a passion for the things we believe. She has taught me to be myself. I love you, Katy!


MARLA


This is Marla. Katy brought her into our lives. She is a total blessing to us all. She puts her whole heart into everything she does. She refuses to do important things half way. She is my friend that I know will always be willing to lend a hand whenever I need help. I am excited for the future and the things to come for us. I love you, Marla!

QUALYN


This friends, is Qualyn. Where do I even start with him. I completely know that I wouldn't be the person I am today without him. This boy, gave me the silent treatment for weeks in order to get through to me and I am so grateful he did. I can't picture my life or where I would be if he hadn't stepped in. He has helped me to grow, learn, and build a stronger testimony. I am so proud of him and everything he has accomplished. I love you, Qualyn!

JODI


Jodi Lee. We have the same middle name. She is my friend who knows the most about me. In times of crisis, I would always run next door and she would drop everything to be there for me. Her family fed me dinner everynight for months on end. One day it had rained and we put mud on every inch of our bodies and ran to show her mom. We have always been implusive. I was always jealous of her blonde hair and blue eyes. She has taught me that taking leaps of faith can sometimes pay off. I love you, Jod!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks kiki! I love you always and forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU!!!! :) You are so sweet! Thanks for being such a good friend.. always!!

    ReplyDelete