Yesterday after a wonderful Sunday dinner all the girls and I got started talking about things we had learned during this semester. I must say we came up with quite a few excellent life lessons and I wanted to share some of my favorites. It's amazing how much four months of experiences can teach you.
- Never judge a person by their outer appearance or their habits whether you agree with them or not.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Love, laughter and good advice can heal anything!
- Sometimes the things you are searching for are right in front of you and all you really have to do is open your eyes and look for them.
- People close to you should accept you for who you are.
- As long as you have your people, you can make a home and a family.
- You don't need a man to make you feel whole.
- You are never alone. People are straegically placed in your life right when you need them and you can always turn to your Heavenly Father if you feel lonely.
As we started discussing each item as a group we realized that college's lessons go so much further than the textbooks and courses. Some of us are still unsure exactly what our major is and a lot of the time we wonder, "What am I putting myself through this torture?" These life lessons are the reason we need to be there. It's not always about the grade, but about how we learn to love, laugh and adapt. I can't wait for another semester of learning. College life goes on in 2011!